As creatures of habit, we love finding recipes that we just have to make over and over again. Well I do anyways.
I stumbled across this 2 ingredient recipe a few months ago while searching for soft snacks I could make Grayson, and started adding my own spin to these cookies.
This recipe is ridiculously easy. You just put bananas and coconut flakes in a blender, spread dollops out on a cookie sheet, then pop in the oven. How simple is that?
This time I decided to add in chopped strawberries. Make sure if you add in any extra fruit, to fold it in. You’ll do this after you’re done blending. I think it’s easiest if, after blending you scoop it all into a bowl before dividing the cookie into portions.
The size is about like a goft ball, but that’s normally how much my son eats at a time. You can go smaller for bite size pieces, or larger for adult cookies!
Mainly I just make these for my son, but they are sooooo good! Since quitting eating sugar, this is a great treat for me. It’s funny how once added sugars are out of your system, fruits and dark chocolate tastes so much sweeter now! This isn’t technically keto, but I love sneaking little bites every now and then! Why not? 😋
So here’s the goods:
- 2 bananas (the riper, the better!)
- 1 1/2 cups coconut flakes
- Any additional fruit, I recommend 1/4 cup.
Special Equipment: Blender
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread parchment paper on cookie sheet.
- Add bananas and coconut flakes to blender and blend (I think it helps to pulse as well!) until thoroughly mixed. You’ll need a rubber spatula to scrape down sides several times until completely mixed.
- Scrape all cookie mixture into medium bowl.
- Chop any extra fruit (this step is optional!) and fold into mixture with the spatula.
- Spoon golf ball sized mounds onto cookie sheet.
- Bake approximately 20 minutes.
Ready to try these? Let me know what you think!