So the other day when I got home from the gym, I started making my protein shake, and decided to mix it up a little. I love trying new things, and sometimes when you mix weird ingredients together, you get something amazing. Other times, your drink is nasty and you swear to never tell a soul you tried such a horrid combination. That’s what I thought I would have the other night. Here’s how my smoothie started:
- A lot of the time, I will put greek yogurt and almond milk as my smoothie staples.
- I’ve been seeing people add oatmeal and decided to give it a go.
- I’ve never put pears in my smoothie, but had one in the fridge so I cut it up and added it.
- Sometimes when I make smoothies with oranges, I’ll add in ginger and I love it, so in it went. I use a ginger paste, by the way. So much easier.
- Then I got to my last ingredient- another must-have staple. My chocolate vegan protein from Arbonne. Pears, chocolate, and ginger? I would have bet my first-born child (if I actually had kids) that it was be disgusting and going down the drain.
End result- it was AHHHH-MAZING. It definitely tasted different, but I will for sure make it again. Don’t be afraid to try new things- you never know what you’re missing out on!