As much as I love to meal prep, I do love a good hot breakfast. But who has time in the morning? I just got this egg cooker from Pampered Chef. It. Is. AWESOME!!!!
1. Pour your egg whites (or a whole egg, whichever you like) in one side of the bowl. Yes, I know it looks like a dog bowl! Cracks me up! Anyways. In the other side, put another egg or water- but definitely don’t leave it empty or it will crack.
2. I put salt and pepper, but you could get creative…whatever you normally put with your eggs! Peppers, mushrooms…and microwave usually about a minute- more time for more eggs. Makes sense.
3. And voila! Toast your english muffin and you have a sandwich! Who needs McDonalds? I can make this quicker at home than sitting in line, and way cheaper too! And who knows how much more healthy.
Why I love English muffins-
- No cholesterol
- Low in saturated fat
- Good source of folate, thiamine, manganese, and selenium
- Provide a small amount of protein
Why I love egg whites-
- Lower calorie, fat, and cholesterol content than whole eggs
- Great source of protein- and same amount as in a whole egg
*The whole egg is where you find your vitamins B2, B12, D, and iron! I do still eat whole eggs as well!